Online Proctoring Instructions
Servsafe Food Protection Manager Exam
Things you need to know to take your Servsafe® Food Protection Manager certification exam through online proctoring with proctoru. Please be sure to keep the exam access code sent to you in your confirmation email or given to you by your instructor in a safe place.
schedule YOUR EXAM:
BEFORE YOUR EXAM:
1-2 days before your scheduled exam, please be sure to review ProctorU's Exam Readiness Guide and test the equipment you plan to use the day of your exam. Also, watch ProctorU's Pre-Exam Checklist video below so you know what to expect on exam day.
ProctorU Pre-Exam Checklist from ProctorU on Vimeo.
If you wish to cancel or reschedule your exam, please login to your ProctorU account and select the “Reschedule” or “Cancel” option. If that option is not available, please connect with a ProctorU Live Chat Representative.
DAY OF YOUR EXAM:
- Prepare Your Workspace. You must be in a private location with a clean desk area. You must also remove headphones, non-religious headwear, and smartwatches.
- Prepare Your Computer. Save and close all applications except for your browser prior to connecting, including Microsoft applications and chat programs.
- Have your ID ready. You must have a government-issued or school ID to verify your identity.
- Connect to Your Proctor. Approximately 3-5 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time, log in to your ProctorU account.
- After connecting with your Proctor. They will guide you step-by-step in the start-up process, which includes verifying your identity and securing your testing location.
- Connect to a live proctor in ProctorU’s offices who will supervise you during your exam using your computer screen, camera and microphone.
- Download the required software, which will allow ProctorU access to your system and to record the exam session.
- When the timer the timer reaches 00:00, download the LogMeIn software when prompted. This software will allow the proctor monitor and record your exam session.
- Follow the Proctors instructions to login to the exam. Make sure you have your ServSafe.com login ready.
- When you login to ServSafe.com, you will be need to read and accept the Examinee Test User Agreement.
- Enter the exam access code, if not automatically populdated, and click the CONTINUE button.
- Complete the Examinee Personal Information page, including your Company/School affiliation for score reporting purposes.
- Allow the Proctor to enter in the Proctor Access Code to start the exam.
- You will have 2 hours to complete your exam.
- Once you have answered all the questions, you will be able to review your answers on the “Answer Review” screen before you submit them for grading
- Once you have finished reviewing all of your selected answers and you’re ready to grade your exam, select “Submit”.
- You’ll receive a pass/fail notification, the Proctor will end the Exam Session and you’ll receive official notification of your results via email and can view them under My Exam Scores on ServSafe.com.
After the Exam:
- If you pass: You will be able to print your official electronic ServSafe Food Protection Manager certificate immediately after you complete the exam. Simply log on to ServSafe.com, click on the Certificates tab, and can choose the "Download certificate" option to print the certificate.
- If you fail: If you do not pass your exam, you may schedule another exam following our Retesting policy.
- Our retesting policy states an examinee may take the exam the first two times within a 30-day period, if necessary. If three or more attempts are required, the examinee must wait at least 60 days from their last attempt. No more than four attempts are allowed in a 12-month period.